Safed musli is an essential herb that is commonly found in India and is also known as Indian herbal Viagra or musli. This natural ingredient has a lot of healing properties that can help to enhance your lifestyle. Musli is not only used to make Ayurvedic supplements, but is also used to make medicines in Siddha, Unani and Homeopathy.
The botanical name of safed musli is Chlorophytum Borivilianum and it belongs to the family of Asparagaceae. Musli is a tropical herb that is grown abundantly in the wet forests of peninsular India. It has dense racemosus white-coloured flowers and lanceolate-shaped leaves. This herb usually grows upto a height of about 1.8 ft.
Chemical components of musli:
Safed Musli acts as a potent spermatogenic and adaptogenic herb that can provide your body with an array of essential nutrients that are necessary for a healthy lifestyle. Some of the nutrients include: magnesium, potassium, proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates, polysaccharides, saponins, steroids, fibres,calcium, resins, alkaloids, phenol, and mucilage.
Dosage of safed musli:
You can consume 1 to 2 tablespoons of safed musli powder mixed in warm milk. Have it twice a day or as suggested by the doctor.
The recommended dosage of musli for teenagers is usually between 1.5 to 2 gram and for adults it is 3 to 6 grams. However, one must never exceed 12 grams dosage of musli in a day.
Benefits of musli supplements:
- Musli consumption can increase your stamina and endurance power
- Regular usage of this magical herb can boost your immunity
- Studies shows that safed musli can reduce the blood sugar levels in the body
- It can lower your cholesterol levels and thus considered excellent herb for improving cardiovascular health
- This herb can act as an excellent remedy for constipation and improve your digestive system
- It can give relief from pain and inflammation caused due to arthritis
- It is found that musli usage can increase the secretion of milk in the mammary gland and is considered good option for lactating mothers
- The anti-bacterial and anti-diarrhoea properties of musli can help to improve your gut health
- It can help to combat problems of amoebic dysentery and other stomach problems
- It can be used to reduce urinary infections and related problems
- It can be used to reduce allergic reactions, pimples and acne breakouts
What are the best supplements to buy?
Some of the best selling safed musli supplements include:
- INLIFE Safed Musli Extract 500 mg
- Morpheme Remedies Safed Musli (500 mg)
- NutraFirst Safed Musli Extract (500 mg)
- Healthvit Muslivit Musli Powder (250mg)
- Mahaved Musli Power Plus
- Herbal Hills Muslihills Value Pack
- Nutriosys Musli (500 mg)
- Perennial Lifesciences 100% Pure Safed Musli Extract
- Livestamin Safed Musli
- Shivalik Herbals Swet Musli- Asparagus Adscendens
- Biotrex Musli (500 mg)
- Herbal Hills Safed Musli
- VITAWIN Safed Musli
- Wisdom Natural Musli Power
Conclusion: The dosage of Safed Musli supplements usually varies according to the age, gender, and health condition of the person taking it. It will be better to consult a physician before using these supplements, especially if you are already taking some other medicines.