Symptoms, Causes, and Types of Breast Cancer
Awareness and research work on breast cancer have helped to create the advancement in the diagnosis as well as the treatment of the breast cancer. Here is given some symptoms, causes and risk factors which will help you for the early detection and awareness of the breast cancer.
Sign and Symptoms of Breast Cancer
- Different feelings will be created due to the formation of lump or thickening of tissues in the breast.
- Changes are made in appearance, shape, and size of the breast.
- Changes are made in the texture of the skin like dimpling or puckering.
- An unusual discharge of liquid will be noticed from the nipple without squeezing.
- A rash or crusting will be created on the nipple or the surrounding area.
- The nipple will become inverted which is normally pointed.
- A feeling of pain will be made in your armpit or breast continuously.
Causes of Breast Cancer
- Risksfor developing breast cancer increase with the increase of your age, generally over the age of 55.
- Excessive drinking of alcohol can cause cancer.
- The BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene mutation having with women can develop breast cancer and other mutation of a gene can cause breast cancer.
- Dense breast tissue can cause breast cancer.
- Sometimes, early menstruation that has started before the age of 12 can increase the risk for breast cancer.
- When women take hormone therapy for reducing their menopause symptoms, the risk for breast cancer can be increased.
- When a woman gives birth of her first child at the age of over 35, there is a risk for breast cancer.
- If you have a close female relative who has breast cancer, the risk can be developed.
- Women, who do not have a pregnancy, have the chance to develop breast cancer.
- When menopause does not start after the age of 55, the woman will have the risk for breast cancer.
Types of Cancer
There are several types of breast cancer. Some types of breast cancer are listed below.
- Invasive ductal carcinoma, which develops in the duct of breast and makes growth into the tissues surrounded with it, is a very common type of breast cancer.
- Ductal carcinoma in situ is a very common and noninvasive breast cancer and it can be curable.
- When the breast cancer initiates in the glands of the breast which helps to produce milk is called invasive lobular carcinoma.
- Mucinous carcinoma is a type of mucus-producing cancer cells.
- Inflammatory breast cancer provides the reddish appearance of the skin of the breast and feeling warm. It makes the blockage of lymph vessels producing cancerous cells.
- Triple-negative breast cancer causes a lack of estrogen and progesterone and insufficient specific protein like HER2 on the surface of the cell.
- Some uncommon types of breast cancer are a papillary carcinoma, angiosarcoma, tubular carcinoma, phyllodes tumor.
You will be able to get more information about the breast cancer and the treatment procedure from the websites related to medical science. You can make the appointment to the top oncologist in India for getting the proper treatment of your breast cancer.