Are you struggling to lose weight? You’re not alone. Millions of Americans are trying to slim down and boost their metabolism. If you’re looking for a little help, you may want to try a supplement.
There are many different metabolism booster supplements on the market. Some claim to boost your metabolism, while others help you lose weight by curbing your appetite.
Before you start taking any supplement, it’s important to talk to your doctor. This is especially true if you have any medical conditions or take medications.
With that said, here are seven of the best metabolism booster supplements to help with weight loss.
- Green Tea Extract
Green tea is a popular metabolism booster. It’s also a great source of antioxidants. Green tea extract is a concentrated form of green tea. It’s rich in catechins, a type of antioxidant that promotes weight loss (1).
In a study of 101 obese adults, those who took green tea extract lost more weight and body fat than those who didn’t (2).
Another study showed that green tea extract increased fat burning and helped people lose weight (3).
If you’re struggling to lose weight, green tea extract may be worth trying. It’s available in supplement form or you can brew your own green tea.
Like green tea, coffee is a great source of antioxidants. It also contains caffeine, a natural stimulant that boosts your metabolism (4).
In one study, coffee increased metabolism by 11% and calorie burning by 16% (5).
Another study showed that coffee drinkers had a higher resting metabolic rate than non-coffee drinkers (6).
If you want to boost your metabolism, add a cup of coffee to your daily routine. Just make sure to limit your intake to avoid side effects like insomnia and anxiety.
Capsaicin is the compound that makes chili peppers hot. It’s also a popular ingredient in supplements that claim to boost metabolism.
Capsaicin may help you lose weight by increasing calorie burning. In one study, participants who took capsaicin burned more calories than those who didn’t (7).
Another study showed that capsaicin supplements increased metabolism and fat burning (8).
If you’re looking for a
Can Metabolism Booster Supplements Really Help You Lose Weight?
If you’re like most people, you probably believe that taking a metabolism booster supplement will help you lose weight. Unfortunately, the fact is that these supplements can do more harm than good.
The problem with metabolism booster supplements is that they often contain stimulants like caffeine or guarana. These stimulants can cause side effects like jitteriness, insomnia, and even heart palpitations.
What’s more, these supplements can also interact with other medications you may be taking, and they can cause dangerous drug interactions.
So, if you’re thinking about taking a metabolism booster supplement, it’s important to speak with your doctor first. Otherwise, you could be putting your health at risk.
7 Ways to Boost Your Metabolism Naturally
If you’re looking to give your metabolism a boost, there are plenty of natural ways to do so. Here are seven tips to get you started:
- Eat more protein. Protein provides the body with the building blocks it needs to create new muscle tissue, and muscle tissue burns more calories than fat tissue. Make sure to include protein at every meal, and aim for around 30 grams per meal.Eat more fiber. Fiber helps keep you full and satisfied after meals, and it also helps to slow the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream. That means less of a sugar crash and less of a Desire to snack later on.
- Eat more healthy fats. Healthy fats like Omega-3s help to improve insulin sensitivity, which can lead to increased fat burning. Include healthy fats at each meal by adding things like avocado, olive oil, or nuts and seeds.
- Drink green tea. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that can help to boost metabolism. Drink it hot or iced, and try to have at least one cup per day.
- Get moving. Exercise is one of the best things you can do for your metabolism. Not only does it help to burn calories, but it also helps to build muscle and improve insulin sensitivity.
- Get enough sleep. When you’re sleep-deprived, your body’s hormones get out of balance, which can lead to increased appetite and cravings. Make sure to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Reduce stress. Stress can wreak havoc on your hormones and lead to weight gain. Find ways to manage stress through things like yoga, meditation, or simply taking some time for yourself each day.