Back pain is one of the most common problems most women go through, regardless of age. This can happen due to multiple reasons, unhealthy deposits of fat being one of the main ones. In addition, fat in the back area results in excess pressure on the spine, resulting in back pain, which is why doing some back workouts at home will prove highly beneficial. To gain the benefits, here are 9 back workouts at-home exercises you should add to your routine right away:
- Superman: Lie face down on the floor, relaxed, forehead to the ground. Now, contract your glute muscles, and use your core strength to lift all four limbs off the ground. Let your neck relax as you look forward and hold this for a few seconds.
- Bird Dog: Begin on all fours, your knees below your hips and arms below your shoulders. Now, slowly push your left leg backwards and straighten it while simultaneously lifting your right hand straight ahead. Hold for a few seconds, switch sides and repeat.
- Cobra Pose: Start by lying down on the floor, face down and palms near your shoulders. Inhale as you support your upper body on your arms and start to push it backwards, straining your back and keeping hips on the floor. Let your neck relax and hold this position.
- Plank: Lower your body onto the floor, palms firmly planted. Lift your body weight supported by your arms, keeping your back straight. Make sure your arms are also straight and hold this position.
- Pushup: Get down in the plank position, ensuring your spine is straight. Bend your arms at the elbow, bring your body down with it, and then use your arms to push it back up. Repeat this.
- Reverse Snow Angels: Begin in the Superman position. Raise your arms at your sides, slightly above shoulder level with elbows bent at a 90° angle. Now, slowly move your arms back and forth in the snow angel movement.
- Glute Bridges: Lie down on your back with your feet on the floor, bent at the knees. Use your core strength to push your hips upwards to form a straight line with your thighs. Your upper back should be supporting your body in this position.
- Chair Twist: Stand straight and push your hips backwards, lowering your body into a chair position on an exhale. Join your hands in front of you and twist your back as far towards the right as comfortable. Hold, then repeat on the other side.
- Wall Angels: Stand with your back against a wall; make sure it’s completely flat. Step your feet out for maximum support. Lift your arms against the wall with your elbows bent at a 90° angle and move them in a snow angel motion, keeping them flat against the wall.
Practicing these back workouts at home will eliminate back fat and provide back pain solutions, helping you get rid of back pain with additional benefits like a slimmer back. Start working on such workouts with professional guidance from cult.fit, illustrated in detailed sessions from experts so you can increase mobility and agility, leading a youthful life.