Are you a fan of the classic sitcom Frasier and wondering where to watch it now that it’s leaving Netflix? In this article, we’ll explore the reasons behind Frasier leaving Netflix, suggest some alternatives for streaming the show, and give you recommendations for what to watch next.
Frasier Leaving Netflix: Why It’s Happening
Frasier’s streaming rights are owned by Paramount, which is in turn owned by ViacomCBS. ViacomCBS has decided to move the show to its own streaming service, Paramount+. This is part of a larger trend of media companies pulling their content from Netflix to build up their own streaming services.
When Will Frasier Leave Netflix?
The exact date that Frasier will leave Netflix is unknown, but it’s expected to happen soon. So if you’re a fan of the show, it’s time to start thinking about your options for continuing to watch it.
Alternatives for Streaming Frasier
If you’re not keen on subscribing to Paramount+ just to watch Frasier, there are other options available to you. Here are some of the most popular alternatives:
- Hulu: Hulu currently has all 11 seasons of Frasier available for streaming. You can sign up for a free trial of Hulu and binge-watch the entire series before the show leaves Netflix.
- Amazon Prime Video: Amazon Prime members can stream all 11 seasons of Frasier for free on Prime Video. If you’re not a Prime member, you can sign up for a free trial and watch the show that way.
- CBS All Access: CBS All Access is now known as Paramount+, but it’s still available as a standalone streaming service. You can sign up for a free trial and watch Frasier, as well as other CBS-owned shows.
- DVD/Blu-ray: If you prefer physical media, you can buy the complete series of Frasier on DVD or Blu-ray. This will give you the added bonus of having special features like commentary tracks and behind-the-scenes footage.
What to Watch Next
Once you’ve binged Frasier, you may be looking for a new show to watch. Here are some recommendations based on what you might like about the show:
- Cheers: Frasier was a spinoff of Cheers, so if you haven’t watched that show yet, now is the perfect time to start. Cheers is available for streaming on Hulu and CBS All Access.
- Modern Family: Like Frasier, Modern Family is a sitcom that revolves around a dysfunctional family. It’s available for streaming on Hulu and ABC’s website.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: This Amazon Prime series is a comedy-drama about a housewife in the 1950s who becomes a stand-up comedian. It shares Frasier’s sharp writing and witty banter.
- The Office: If you’re looking for another workplace comedy, The Office is a classic that’s available for streaming on Netflix and Peacock.
- Schitt’s Creek: This Canadian sitcom follows a wealthy family that loses everything and has to move to a small town they once bought as a joke. It’s available for streaming on Netflix and Hulu.
Frasier leaving Netflix may be disappointing for fans, but there are still plenty of ways to watch the classic sitcom. Whether you choose to subscribe to a different streaming service, buy the complete series on DVD or Blu-ray, or try out one of our recommendations, there are plenty of options to keep you entertained.