It is important to know about a sitemap generator because we understand how the tool works to produce the XML sitemap? To start with, an XML sitemap generator is used to create sitemap. Why should a website have a sitemap and what kinds of benefits does it have. To understand this, you need to go through the concepts of indexing and crawling. When a new website has to be added to the search engine database, search engine bots search for new web pages as well as the ones which have been modified.
The process of searching for new pages is called crawling. Along with that, indexing is the process through which these pages are added to the search engine database. Once they have been added to the database, people can view them against related searches.
Once you have your hands on a quality sitemap generator, you need to follow the steps given below.
Steps for generating XML sitemap
A sitemap generator has to be used to produce an XML sitemap. The following simple steps have to be followed to use this tool.
- To start with, open the XML site generator and paste the URL of your website in the text box provided. Along with that, provide the other details that are required. Once you have entered all the details, move on to the next step.
- One of the details you have to provide is the number of pages which have to be crawled. When you have entered all the details, click the “generate sitemap” button and this would complete the process.
- When the process has been completed, you would be redirected to sitemap page. From there, you can download sitemap file and then save it in the root directory.
The presence of an XML sitemap creates numerous benefits for a website. Some of them are listed below.
Core Benefits of XML sitemap by Prepostseo.com
The reputation of a website as well as its progress is improved when it has a sitemap. Some other core benefits are listed below.
- The presence of an XML sitemap has a positive impact on the website indexing process. When a new website is created, it is added to the Google database through the crawling and indexing procedures. These procedures are executed by bots. They look for newly designed web pages and add them to the database of the search engine.
- The presence of an XML sitemap has a positive impression on the website traffic count. People can only visit a website when they can view it. A website gets displayed against searches after it has been indexed. If a website has a proper XML sitemap, the bots recognize the pages in an easier manner.
- Thus, the indexing process also gets completed at a faster pace. On the other hand, if a website does not have a proper sitemap, the indexing process takes longer. As a result, people are not able to view the website against searches in a quick way.