Orthopaedics is the medical division that focuses on diseases and injuries of your body’s musculoskeletal system. This complex system, which includes your joints, bones, tendons, ligaments, muscles, and nerves allows you to move, work, and be active.
Once devoted to the care of children with limb and spine deformities, orthopaedists now care for patients of all ages, from newborns with clubfeet to young athletes requiring arthroscopic surgery to older people with arthritis. And anybody can break a bone. the surgeries are performed with the help of orthopedic instruments.
Your Orthopaedic Surgeon
Orthopaedic surgeons treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system. This involves:
- Diagnosis of your disorder or injury
- Treatment with exercise, casting, medication, surgery or other options. Surgery is done using orthopedic tools which are provided by the orthopaedic instruments manufacturers in India.
- Rehabilitation by recommending physical therapy or exercises to restore movement, function, and strength
- Prevention with treatment plans and information to prevent injury or slow the progression of a disease
While orthopaedic surgeons are familiar with all features of the musculoskeletal system, several orthopaedists specialize in certain areas, such as the foot and ankle, shoulder, spine, hip, hand, or knee. They may also choose to focus on specific fields like trauma, pediatrics, or sports medicine. Some orthopaedic surgeons may specialize in many areas.
Your orthopedic surgeon will take a history of your illness or injury and do a physical examination. This may be followed by diagnostic studies such as blood tests or x-rays.
He or she will then discuss your diagnosis and help you choose the best treatment plan so that you can live a functional and active life.
Orthopedic surgeons treat several musculoskeletal conditions without surgery- by using exercise, medication, and other rehabilitative or alternative therapies.
For most orthopedic injuries and diseases there is more than one form of treatment. If necessary, your orthopedic surgeon may recommend surgery done using orthopedic implants, if you don’t respond to nonsurgical treatments.
Orthopedic surgeons perform several types of surgeries. Common procedures are:
- Arthroscopy- A procedure that uses special cameras and orthopedic equipment to visualize, diagnose, and treat problems inside a joint.
- Fusion- A “welding” process by which bones are fused together with internal devices (such as metal rods) and bone grafts to heal into a single solid bone.
- Internal fixation- A method to hold the broken pieces of bone in the proper place with metal plates, pins or bone screws while the bone is healing.
- Joint replacement (partial, total and revision)- When a damaged or arthritic joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint called a prosthesis.
- Osteotomy- The correction of bone deformity by cutting and repositioning the bone.
- Soft tissue repair- The mending of soft tissue, such as torn ligaments or tendons.
Siora Surgicals is the best trauma implants manufacturers company in India. The company have a wide range of surgical product such as Bone Screws, Locking Plates, Trauma Bone Plates, Mini Fragment Implants, Multifix Tibia Nails, Small Fragment Locking Implants, Hip Prosthesis, Dynamic Hip Screw, Dynamic Condylar Screw, Interlocking Nails, Intramedullary Interlocking Nails, Proximal Femoral Nailing Anti-rotation, Angled blade plates, AFN Nailing System, Cannulated Screws, Large Fragment Locking Compression Plate etc.