There is no other way other than undergoing surgery to get rid of cataracts. Two challenges lie ahead for those who have decided to get treated for once and all-one, finding an experienced eye surgeon and then the other one is choosing the best hospital. Here are some factors to keep in mind while choosing the best clinic for cataract surgery in Delhi.
How to choose the best clinic for cataract surgery in Delhi?
Delhi is a fast-moving city. Every individual residing in the capital city is in haste, even when it comes to getting treated for ailments such as cataracts, refractive errors, glaucoma, etc. Therefore, keep the following tips in mind when it comes to making a decision regarding choosing the best clinic or hospital-
- Cross-check the claims made by the hospital in advertisements- Often several super-specialty hospitals or clinics run on business models with the objective of generating revenue solely. Therefore, these make various claims and promises that later turn out to be absolutely false. These promises lure people into believing them and then fool patients to spend more. Hence, visit the hospital and see for yourselves regarding the delivery of promises.
- Hospitals or clinics led by a team of doctors- Eye hospitals or clinics that are run by a team of eye surgeons are able to have a better grasp on the field and treat patients with more care. They tend to be more empathetic to the patient’s grievances.
- Quality of eye care at the hospital- Check the quality of the care provided at the eye hospital you have decided to undergo cataract surgery. Eye care not only involves the type of technology used at the hospital to complete the surgery but also the behavior and nature of the staff.
- Consider patient testimonials- Go through the patient surveys, testimonials, and reviews of the hospital to know the type of treatment offered and the doctor’s competence.
- Check the Budget- Ensure that the hospital or clinic you have chosen doesn’t leave a big hole in your pocket. Some clinics and hospitals in Delhi offer some additional benefits such as free transportation and free follow-up consultations for each patient.
There are some indicators that can tell if the clinic or hospital is not appropriate to undergo cataract surgery. Some of the pointers that indicate this may not be the right place for you are-
- The hospital staff is not well-behaved or courteous to people.
- Dodges the questions you ask.
- Doesn’t let you finish or cut in between sentences.
- Pushes you into procedures that you don’t require.
- Charges more than the amount mentioned on their website.
- Doesn’t explain the possible risks and complications of the surgery.
Top 15 Eye Clinics For Cataract Surgery in Delhi
After careful evaluation of the above factors, here is a table of the top 15 eye clinics and hospitals in Delhi where you can choose to undergo cataract surgery with the most advanced technique. These top hospitals have been recognized as some of the best hospitals to get treated in Delhi NCR.
|Serial No.||Name||Address||Contact No.|
||All India Institute Of Medical Sciences||Sri Aurobindo Marg, Ansari Nagar, Ansari Nagar East, New Delhi, Delhi 110029||011 2658 8500|
||Pristyn Care||Huda Market, SCO 309, 2nd, Sector 29, Gurugram, Haryana 122022||074282 92747|
||Sir Ganga Ram Hospital||Sarhadi Gandhi Marg, near Bal Bharati Public School, Old Rajinder Nagar, Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110060||011 2575 0000|
||Medanta -The Medicity||CH Baktawar Singh Rd, near Olympus, Medicity, Islampur Colony, Sector 38, Gurugram, Haryana 122001||0124 414 1414|
||Dr. Aggarwal’s Eye Clinic – Eye Centre In West Delhi – Retina||F-17 (OT), Shri Satguru Sevagram Sahibji Marg, Block F, Moti Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110015||011 2546 2686|
||Manipal Hospital Delhi||Palam Vihar, Sector 6 Dwarka, Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi 110075||011 4967 4967|
||Centre for Sight Eye Hospital||B – 5/24, Safdarjung Enclave, Opposite, Deer Park, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi, Delhi 110029||011 4573 8888|
||Fortis Hospital||AA-299, Shaheed Udham Singh Marg, AA Block, Poorbi Shalimar Bag, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi, 110088||011 4530 2222|
||Shroff Eye Centre, New Delhi||A-9, Lala Lajpat Rai Marg, Block A, Kailash Colony, Greater Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110048||011 4163 3999|
||Eye7 Chaudhary Eye Centre||Metro Pillar No-614 A-1/173, Najafgarh Rd, Block A1, Janakpuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110058||011 4040 4070|
||Vision Eye Centre||19, Siri Fort Rd, Sector 3, Sadiq Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110049||088008 87084|
||The Healing Touch Super Speciality Eye Care||C-2/390, Pankha Rd, C4 D Block, C-2 Block, Janakpuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110058||011 4954 7777|
||Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket (Max Saket)||1, 2, Press Enclave Marg, Saket Institutional Area, Saket, New Delhi, Delhi 110017||011 2651 5050|
||Indraprastha Apollo Hospital||Jasola Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110076||011 2682 5580|
||Bharti Eye Hospital||E 52, Block E, Greater Kailash I, Greater Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110048||011 2924 0000|
There are numerous clinics and hospitals in Delhi where a cataract patient can choose to undergo surgery. However, not every clinic is equipped with the latest technology nor they are run by well-experienced staff. Therefore, finding a suitable clinic that fits within the budget is not an easy task to accomplish. Take assistance from a trusted and reputed source and then make an informed decision. Making a decision that is based on solid research is key here. At the best, refer to the above table and call them up to understand their behavior.