Owning an immovable property is such a fulfillment. Either for personal use or for investment, in the long run it will be an indication of having a good way of living.
- Site and location
Site and location is of very important consideration when buying a property, should be an investment which will continue to grow in value in the years to come or for personal use. Always research an area meticulously and ponder the following when purchasing property:
- Checkout the neighborhood – what sort of infrastructure exists in the area, how good or bad is the security of the area?
- Make sure that you are comfortable with the commute to work and the distance and time that you will spend on the road each day if your purpose is for residency.
- Go purchase property in a good school district. This advice applies even if you do not have school-age children. We never know when you will have the chance to sell, even the property itself or other in demand stuffs, a strong school districts are often a top priority for many home buyers, thus helping to boost property values.
- Always be on the lookout for facilities that can create unwanted noise or disturbances in the area.
If the preferred area is too pricey, consider buying in an adjoining area. Buying a home that needs some renovation is also a great idea because it can be done over a period of time. You can check out ThailandFlat if you are looking for properties in Phuket, Chiang Mai, Bangkok and many other places in Thailand.
First thing to do is the assessment of price that you can afford as of the moment. You can always buy a property in a lump sum payment or apply for loans like bank financing or in house financing. Either of the two options you will use, you must be practical regarding the price because buying a property is a serious commitment.
Initially, potential buyers should start searching online. Property websites that list nationwide properties for sale is proved to be very useful. Information with regards to price, the area, photos and number of bedrooms and bathrooms will be available on these sites.
Reading through a newspaper is also a good thing when looking for a property to buy.
A good real estate agent can access invaluable market information before the public, they tend to know the latest homes and lots available with competitive prices. Working with a good agent will make the search process much easier.
- Physical features of the house
Always consider structural aspects before purchasing a house:
Deficiencies: These are flaws that will be clearly visible on an inspection of a property. They include wall cracks, sagging gutters, broken windows, missing tiles and the like. It is a buyer’s duty to acquaint themselves with the general condition of the property. Most homes do have some light plaster cracks, which are not cause for concern. However, large cracks in the walls should be analyzed as these could be structural cracks (deep cracks that appear on both sides of a wall), which could impair the integrity of the wall structure and could be a sign of foundation failure or severe structural problems. Repairing these structural cracks could be costly, so ensure that you identify these upon purchase.