The floor of the gym should be your foremost consideration when you are trying to have a new gym or refurbishing the one that you already have. There are many types of gym flooring available that you can choose. You might get overwhelmed by seeing the large variety available and, so may land up buying one that does not suit your requirements. As you read through, you will be able to understand what should be your considerations on which your purchasing decision would be made.
The Best Way to Have Gym Floors
It is seen that people generally overlook the option of having a good gym floor till the last. It is prudent that there must be a proper planning to have the best of gym flooring in London.
Planning of space usage
- Plan the usage of the space at a first step.
- Make a plan so that you know which space you are using for what nature of the exercises.
- Do not think about the pieces of equipment first; think about the proper utilization of the space that you have.
- After you have demarcated the space according to the nature of the exercises, then think about the pieces of equipment that you will place in each zone.
- This will help you to establish the nature of the floor that you need in each zone.
Have a look at the existing floor
- It is good to have a look at the floor that you presently have.
- Have a look at the top surface of the floor and the construction of the floor so that you can have the best commercial gym flooring UK.
- The floor can be of concrete, raised or of wooden material.
- You should ascertain whether the floor can be fitted with the help of screws, or there need to be certain special preparation before laying the floor.
Determine the underlay required
- Underlay is a nature of insulating barrier which lies between the original floor and the artificial floor that you are trying to fit.
- The nature of underlay will depend on the intensity of the exercise that will happen in each zone.
- So, it may be that different zones will be requiring different nature of underlay.
- It is best to have the advice of professional gym flooring installers to determine the nature of underlay required.
- The determination of underlay will depend on the nature of the impact that the floor or equipment is to have.
- If it is seen that the impact is more in a certain zone, then underlay of nature which can absorb impact is to be had.
Consider the life cycle
- It is seen that gym equipment pieces have a life cycle of 3 to 7 years.
- It would be very inconvenient to change the floor when the pieces of equipment can be used.
- You have to remove the entire pieces of equipment and then change the floor.
- So, select the nature of floor which has close by life cycle as of the pieces of equipment that you are using at your gym.
- Having such nature of matched life cycle will allow you to change the pieces of equipment along with the floor.
Nature of Floors You Can Install
There are various types of flooring that you can have at your gym. Let us have a look at them.
- If there is a requirement for a medium or thick floor in any zone, then it is best to have floor tiles fitted.
- It is very important that they are led by expert professional so that they are perfectly fixed firmly to the existing floor.
- The edges of the tiles need to be accurately fixed so that there are no gaps in-between.
- You can install rubber rolls on the floor of your gym.
- The reason for having such floor is that it is cost-effective and easy to be laid.
- You can choose a varying length of rolls depending on the thickness of the floor that you intend to have.
- As there will be fewer joints having such flooring will help you to have a smooth look to your gym.
- As there will be fewer gaps it is also that the floor will stay in place for a longer period.
- These natures of tiles have interlocking systems.
- It is ideal to have such floor when a heavy floor is required at any zone.
- The expansion joints must not be overlooked as it is required when there is a change of temperature.
So, now you know about the nature of the tiles and considerations required for making the best purchasing decision. You must also consider the design and the color of the floor, so that you can have a beautifully decorated gym floor.